Concept seal is a trusted distributor of Pneumatic seal which are very useful in various industrial applications. We provide a wide range of highly operational and durable Pneumatic seal as follows: To pursue new design options and techniques such as selecting a friction-optimized sealing lip geometry which preserves the lubricating film.
Industrial applications that include reciprocating and rotary motions require the use of pneumatic cylinders and valves. These cylinders/ valves need specialized pneumatic seals in order to function properly. Known for considerably lower friction than rubber and higher durability, these seals are used across various commercial applications. Certain composite seals (made of two or more different materials) are also used as pneumatic seals.
What are the distinct features of pneumatic seals?
Utilized in various industrial applications, pneumatic seals comprise certain distinct features:
- These seals are helpful in enhancing the operational value of air-actuated cylinders and valves that often involve high speed
- Pneumatic seals are essential for maintaining the desired pressure level in cylinders and valves by restricting the flow of air or gases
- These seals have impeccably low friction and they are highly durable in nature
- They require the minimum amount of lubrication for tight sealing when exposed to air
- The typical pressure range of pneumatic seal is 1 to 150 pound-force per square inch (psi) (about 6.89 to 1,034.2 kilopascals)
- Pneumatic seals are wear resistant
- These seals have high temperature tolerance range
- They are resistant to water and other non-hazardous liquids
- These seals have extremely low friction
- They have secure sealing characteristics and higher speeds of operation
What are the applications of pneumatic seals?
Pneumatic seals are useful in following applications:
- Pumping devices used for mining
- Heavy mobile equipment
- Pharmaceutical instrument
- Presses and steel works
- Oil-field exploration and production
- Pumps and valves used in the chemical industry
- Marine excavation
- Devices used for military and defense services
- Valves used for adhesive dispensing
- Swivel joints that handle liquids
- Hydraulic pumps, piston pumps, rod pumps, etc.
- Vacuuming devices
- Tire production and automotive plants
- Space exploration devices
- Drilling equipment
- Construction devices
- Cryogenic liquid controlling components
- Can filling devices
- Instruments used in the manufacture of domestic goods
- Pumps and valves used for development of abrasive substances
Supplies a number of seals, wear rings and scrapers / wipers specifically engineered for pneumatic applications, where cylinders and valves are actuated by air. Pneumatic seals operate in dynamic applications, often at high speeds, generally with rotary or reciprocating motions. In addition, where a standard product type is not suitable, custom solutions can be developed.
Sealing systems for pneumatic equipment.
Seal lip geometry with lubricant-retaining properties.
Best sealing performance with low friction.
Products: Rod, piston, cushioning and valve seals. Complete pistons.
Basic materials: NBR and polyurethane (Ultrathan®)compounds, PTFE (Polon®), FKM, elastomers with metal or plastic carrier components.
Pneumatic seals are used in pneumatic cylinders and valves and generally are designed for lower operating pressures than hydraulic seals. Pneumatic applications also typically demand higher operating speeds and lower friction seals than hydraulic applications. These seals may be used for rotary and reciprocating motion.
- Ultra long life
- Ultra low friction
- Water resistant
- Wide temperature capability
Pneumatic rod seals: Double-acting Glyd Ring® is available as piston or rod seal and is comprised of a slipper seal and an energizing O-Ring. This means less installation space is required. Different material combinations provide solutions suitable for special pneumatic applications where minimum static and dynamic friction, low stick-slip, high speed performance or wide temperature range are required.
Wear ring: A complete range of seals and bearings for pneumatics including the most common dimensions for pistons and rods. The guide rings are made of a specially developed, self-lubricating plastic material to provide low friction, wear resistance, long term compression stability and excellent service life.
cushioning seals: Cushioning seals provide end-of-stroke damping in pneumatic cylinders, eliminating the need for check valves. These polyurethane, high performance seal elements are user-friendly and provide an automatic centering check valve function and easy, snap-in installation.